Automation emails are our built-in, behaviour-triggered automated emails to communicate with your users and keep them engaged. ReferralHero comes with 8x automations emails (the most in the industry) with more coming soon.
- Welcome email The Welcome email is sent to subscribers who have NOT been referred when they are added to the referral campaign.
- Referral Welcome Email The Referral Welcome email is sent to subscribers who have been referred when they are added to the referral campaign.
- Pending Welcome Email If you're confirming referrals manually, the Pending Welcome email is sent to referred subscribers when they are added to your campaign.
- Confirmed Welcome Email If you're confirming referrals manually, the Confirmed Welcome email is sent to referred subscribers when they are confirmed.
- Follow-up email The Follow-up email is sent a chosen amount of time after a subscriber signs up (eg: 6 hours after sign up).
- First Referral Email The First Referral email is sent to a subscriber when they refer their first friend.
- Referral email The Referral email is sent to the referrer when they refer a friend, except for the first referral. Use the "First Referral Email" for that.
- Activation email The Activation email is sent to those who have not referred anybody a chosen amount of time (eg: 5 days) after they sign up.
- Milestone email The Milestone email is sent when a subscriber refers a specific number of people (eg: 5 referrals).
- Reminder email The Reminder email is sent to those who haven't referred a friend in a while. This email is sent a chosen amount of time (eg: 5 days) after their last referral.
- Promoted email The Promoted email is sent when you promote a subscriber either via the dashboard or the API.
A merge tag looks like a snippet of text. ReferralHero replaces that text with the dynamic content the merge tag refers to, like the person name or email.
This is the complete list of available merge tags:
ReferralHero comes with 4 simple templates you can choose from for your outgoing emails, but we also support custom HTML code.
To use your custom HTML:
Step 1: Choose No template from the Template drop-down.
Step 2: Click on the Source code button in the editor (it's the second from the right)
Step 3: Add your HTML code in the popup. Save your changes.
To send a test email scroll to the bottom of the page to the Send a test section, enter an email address and click on Send Test Email.
ReferralHero will send you the latest saved version of your email so make sure to save your email before sending a test.