Typeform allows you to create a dynamic and customizable sign up form while using ReferralHero as your backend to power your referral program! You may want to use Typeform if you are looking to improve the user sign up experience or to collect additional user opt-in data than you can collect with the native ReferralHero widget. This is also a great option if you are not a developer as the set up with Typeform is very easy!
You will need a Typeform account and a Zapier account before you start.
- 1.Log in to your Typeform account
- 2.Create a new Typeform that can accept at least two RH required fields: name and email address (turn on the setting ‘Required’)
- 3.On the right side panel, go to Logic > Advanced > Hidden Fields
4. Add a Hidden Field then change the name of the hidden field from @hidden1 to @mwr, then click save.
5. Publish the Typeform
- 1.In Typeform, go to the tab ‘Share’
- 2.Choose the way you want your Typeform to be embedded in your web page
- For example, go to ‘Standard’ if you want to present the Typeform as part of your website Click ‘Get the code’, then click ‘Copy code’
- 3.Click ‘Get the code’, then click ‘Copy code’
4. Go to your web page, paste the code to where you want your Typeform to appear on the page
5. Add the following to the code between the data-tf-widget and data-tf-hidden parameters: data-tf-transitive-search-params="mwr"
Your code will be slightly different but this can be used as a reference:
6. Save the code
- 1.Log in to Zapier
- 2.Create a new Zap
- 3.Search for Typeform as the Trigger App
- 4.The Trigger Event is ‘New Entry Triggers when a form is submitted’
5. Connect your Typeform account
6. Choose the Typeform form you set up in the previous step in the Set Up Trigger
7. Search for ReferralHero as the Action app
8. The Action Event is ‘Add Subscriber Adds a new subscriber to a list’
9. Connect to your ReferralHero account by entering the API Key
10. In the Set Up Action, the following five fields are mandatory fields
- Campaign: your ReferralHero campaign
- Email address: Typeform email
- Referral URL: your default referral link address
- Full name: Typeform name
- Referrer: Mwr (hidden field)
11. Then Test & Continue
12. Turn on Zap