Manual Review & Confirmation
By default referrals are confirmed automatically as they happen but there might be instances where you want to manually review/approve them before confirming them. Here are a few examples of why you might want to use this feature:
- 1.SecurityYour product and/or rewards are a high value item and you want to create a small barrier between the default automatic confirmation of a referral, giving you time to review each referral.
- 2.High-Ticket ProductYour product is a high-ticket item or involves a long sales process and you don't want to confirm a successful referral until a purchase takes place.
- 3.Offline PurchaseYou generate leads and referrals online but your customer completes their purchase offline at a retail store or office (ie. salon, wedding services, car dealership, etc).
When this feature is enabled, the relationship between the referring member and the referral and subsequent triggers will not take place until the referral is "confirmed" (there are several ways to "confirm" a referral, more on that below).
This feature will only work if you have your Campaign Template set to Ambassador Program. To enable manual review and confirmation of referrals:
- Go to your campaign dashboard > Edit Campaign > Options
- Switch off Automatically confirm referrals
- Save the changes
When Manually Confirm Referrals is enabled, referrals will be tracked but their referral status will be set to Unconfirmed and they won't count towards rewards.
After the referral is confirmed their referral status will change to Confirmed and they will count towards rewards.
When Manual Confirm Referrals is enabled, your Referral Welcome Automation Email will change.
Instead of having a single Referral Welcome Email you will now have the option of sending two welcome emails:
- 1.Pending Welcome EmailSent to the referral after they sign up and confirm their email address, but are not yet a confirmed referral
- 2.Confirmed Welcome EmailSent as soon as the referral is manually confirmed (more on this below)
You can see a list of all unconfirmed referrals by going to your campaign dashboard > Subscribers > Referrals. If you have unconfirmed referrals in your campaign you will see a message at the top of the page.
When you "confirm a referral", the referral status will change for that member from Unconfirmed to Confirmed. To confirm a referral you can either:
1. Go to their profile page and click on the Confirm referral button
2. Go to the Subscribers > Referrals page, and for the subscriber you want to confirm click Actions > Confirm
3. Use our native Zapier integration to confirm the referral (ie. you have a CRM system and when the purchase is confirmed within the CRM, you also want to trigger a referral confirmation in ReferralHero)