Comment on page
Memorable referral links
By default, the referral links generated by ReferralHero are random alphanumeric strings like d22c0810.
Wouldn't it be cool if you could use the subscriber's name to make the referral link more memorable? Something like james23b, for example?
Luckily you can do that with just one click. Ok, that's a lie. It's actually two clicks.
- 1.Go to your campaign dashboard > Edit Campaign > Options
- 2.Switch on Use name to generate referral link (first click)
- 3.Save the changes (second click)
After you enable this feature, referral codes will be generated using the subscriber's first name and a random 4 digits string (to assure uniqueness). For example:
- Subscriber's name: "James", Subscriber's referral code: "james7d52"
- Subscriber's name: "Tim Fletcher", Subscriber's referral code: "tim1a54"
ReferralHero will NOT use the subscriber's name and revert to the standard random string if:
- 1.a name is not present (obviously)
- 2.the name is less than four characters long (e.g: Tim or Sam)
For example, a subscriber whose name is Bo Charleston will get a standard referral link of random characters.